Community

Did You Know? The Cisco/NetApp Alliance Portal is Open for Business

By David Yeary, Director, WW Channel Development, NetApp

As I travel the world meeting NetApp partners and listening to their stories of success - introducing converged infrastructure solutions to solve IT complexity and enable the promise of business transformation - I marvel at how fortunate we are to have attracted some of the brightest and best in the industry into our fold. At NetApp our partner channel is our most valuable asset and we consistently work to ensure our programs deliver high value while remaining simple and easy to use.

Removing Barriers to Sales

I see my role at NetApp as helping our partners remove barriers to sales. Of course NetApp does this in part by building great technology. But the other side of the coin is about delivering value through other means: incentive programs, education, knowledge sharing, competitive insight, technology innovation and rapidly communicating the latest news that our partners need to remain successful.

We recently unveiled our Cisco/NetApp Alliance Portal. Available from a browser anywhere, anytime and designed to contain everything a partner needs to market, sell and support our FlexPod converged infrastructure solutions, it was initially limited only to key contacts within each partner organization.

Open Now to All Eligible Partners

The response to the portal was overwhelmingly positive. We were thrilled to learn that we got it so right. But immediately partners told us that they wanted to share it across their entire organization. We live in a rapid pace world and the ability for sales, marketing and technical teams to self-service from our library of assets designed to answer every question and help them compete made complete sense. Effective now, the Cisco/NetApp Alliance Portal is wide open to our entire partner community.

Easy to Get On Board

Getting access is simple. We are onboarding twice a month and new eligible partners will receive approved access on either the first or the fifteenth – depending on when access was requested. A simple email request is generated from our log-in site. Easy to do, it will take you less than one minute to complete.

We look forward to welcoming you to our newest and most robust resource designed to offer everything you might need to succeed. We are especially excited to continue celebrating our mutual wins – feel free to drop me a line and share your success anytime at David.Yeary@netapp.com. Good selling and continued prosperity in 2014.