FlexPod and VMware – Update for VMworld San Francisco, 2014

We on the FlexPod team are excited about another great VMworld show here in San Francisco.  I’m told to expect 23,000 attendees, and I’d guess most of them will walk through our booth, as we are located right in front of the doors as you enter the expo floor in Moscone South.

Look for our FlexPod #1 sign in the booth, where you’ll also see the FlexPod demo racks and members of the FlexPod team who will be there to answer your questions.  Also happening the week of the show: we’ll be breaking news about a new validated design with VMware, being published this quarter.

Let me tell you about FlexPod in the show content: We’ll have at least one event speaking session on our work with VMware Horizon View that will mention FlexPod.  And I am giving a FlexPod talk within the Cisco booth, as well as one within the Eaton booth, both on Tuesday.

FlexPod’s leadership in integrated infrastructure is clearly a function of our strong partnerships, our expanding ecosystem and of course the innovation we continue to deliver in our payload of validated designs.  These have included a rich vein of FlexPod Datacenter and Express with VMware solutions on vSphere 5.1 and now 5.5, as well as Horizon View.  Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) has been hot for some time on FlexPod and is now even hotter. Whether on View or Citrix, it benefits from our Hybrid and recently launched All-Flash arrays that let customers experience the benefits of integrated infrastructure, but now with the highest levels of performance.

A key aspect of the FlexPod evolution, from cost-savings to cutting-edge, whether with Flash or Cisco ACI, is that we continue to maintain our flexible, best-of-breed architecture.  This means providing you a choice of hypervisors, broad workload & application support, unmatched integration with those environments (e.g. NetApp Virtual Storage Console for VMware), and a breadth of data efficiency and protection services to keep it all highly available.  You don’t get that with the latest breed of hyper-converged solutions, which are rigid, lack essential data services, and create inefficient silos of compute. 

If you’re coming to the show please stop by and see us in booth 1205. Or just stay tuned to FlexPod developments on our webpage, Community (ConvergedCommunity.com) or on twitter.