Simulator Discussions

8.2RC1 Simulator Licenses

bmorse

Hi,

I have (2) 8.2RC1 7-Mode sims running on MAC OSX.  I was able to add the licenses to one sim.  When I try to license the other sim I get the following:

filer2> license add WMNZAUTQACAAAAXAGAAAAAAAAAAA

license add: invalid license key "WMNZAUTQACAAAAXAGAAAAAAAAAAA", reason: "License serial-number does not belong to this node.", skipping.

filer2> license add UPIWINYTTXKZOFXAGAAAAAAAAAAA

license add: invalid license key "UPIWINYTTXKZOFXAGAAAAAAAAAAA", reason: "License serial-number does not belong to this node.", skipping.

filer2> license add KUUNCAFTVDDCMAXAGAAAAAAAAAAA

license add: invalid license key "KUUNCAFTVDDCMAXAGAAAAAAAAAAA", reason: "License serial-number does not belong to this node.", skipping.

filer2> license add IXPKKTJWOZNBBGXAGAAAAAAAAAAA

license add: invalid license key "IXPKKTJWOZNBBGXAGAAAAAAAAAAA", reason: "License serial-number does not belong to this node.", skipping.

filer2> license add MHEYKUNFXMSMUCEZFAAAAAAAAAAA

license add: invalid license key "MHEYKUNFXMSMUCEZFAAAAAAAAAAA", reason: "License serial-number does not belong to this node.", skipping.

filer2>

Each license above is from a different collection of licenses (first 2 from the 7-Mode set & next 3 from the Clustered set).  The serial number has been changed for the 2nd sim.

What am I missing here?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

epeter

From 8.2 onwards, licenses are locked to the serial number of the node (as you can see from the error message)  If you have changed the serial number for the second sim, the keys won't work unless they were generated for that serial number.

If you change the the serial number to one of the ones listed for clustered ONTAP (4079432749 or 4034389062) and using the appropriate clustered license keys, that might work.

Peter

Public