Subscribe

9.0 simulator release

With the release of 9.0RC1 I'm curious when we could be on the lookout for a 9.0 sim being published?

Re: 9.0 simulator release

Me too.

But until it does you can deploy the 8.3 sim and do an option 7 upgrade to ontap 9 before init.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

That probably had the best chance of working. If you boot the sim and do an upgrade from cluster shell you will need to expand the root aggregate because it won't have enough free space to uncompress. Learned that upgrading 8.3 sims to 8.3.1. Not sure if option 7 from the boot menu will require the same.

Option 7 downloads the image to a ramdisk.  Doing it from inside ONTAP downloads it into the root volume.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

I followed [1] and got to the point where I get prompted to enter my network details (OK) and then "What is the URL for the package?".

Is this URL for v9.0 RC1 known?

[1] http://community.netapp.com/t5/Developer-Network-Articles-and-Resources/Building-and-Customizing-NetApp-Simulators/ta-p/87157

It hasn't been posted yet.  Going with DIY for now, but looking forward to seeing what the official one looks like. 

Hi all,

I have just deployed 8.3.2 Sim and upgraded using the 9.0RC1 image.

Works like a charm.

It took me about 1 hour in total for a two node cluster.

Regards,
MartijnImage-20160630.jpgImage-20160629.jpgImage-20160628.jpg

[ Edited ]

Hi Martijn,

If you picked the image from the standard repository, did you not have any issues with the NVRAM emulation or with the RAID layer?

Thanks for sharing.

Hi,

No, none what so ever.

The 9 Sim is still running fine.

Regards,

Martijn

Hello,

the Simulator for Ontap 9.0 RC1 has been posted to support.netapp.com.

Regards

Oliver