Simulator Discussions

CFO - simulator 8.0

nsitps1976

I have the simulator up and running on ESX 4.1 - I have installed the CF license, howerver when I run setup I am not asked if I would like to configure as a cluster?

If I run cf status I see see the following message ---- cluster monitor not initialized ----

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

miroslav

Hi nsitps1976,

The current Data ONTAP 8.0 simulator does not yet include HA functionality, so you can't configure CF even with the license installed.

The reason is that the Data ONTAP 8 simulator is a much more accurate representation of a physical system than the 7G simulator.  To implement HA, you would need to have two virtual machines that both have shared access to a set of virtual disks and a mechanism to connect their simulated NVRAM cards.  We are currently testing that capability for simulators, but it has not yet been released outside of NetApp.

If HA capabilities between two Data ONTAP 8 Simulator VM's are important to you, could you please describe some of the reasons why and how you plan to use those capabilities in the simulator?  Knowing the use cases will help us prioritize our work.

Thanks and take care,

Miroslav

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Public