Simulator Discussions

Data ontap simulator username .....issue

rudraraju40

hello there,

I just installed and set up NetApp Simulator through vm player...

I did give password ..and i installed successfully .after everything done..i was open ip address of simulator on IE and i gave correct password but nothing comes up...

So.if i want to change password and username ...How i change that ?

Please help....

Regards...

2 REPLIES 2

NetApp_SEAL

Are you trying to browse to the IP of the simulator in IE or are you using System Manager? Or are you referring to FilerView?

You completed the initial NetApp setup in the simulator, therefore, in the simulator, you receive the login prompt?

Can you log into the simulator from the CLI with the same credentials you're trying to log into through IE with?

rudraraju40

ya i try to browse ip of simulator in IE or Google chrome ...and i gave credential for that and i did have correct password which i gave during installation ...on browser system asked me 3 times and than browser stop with white screen and no errors...so i was thinking what i have to type as udername " root " or " administrator "....If i did any mistake in this reply than sorry because i am first time going to use this NetApp Simulator ..so i don't have much information ...but Yes..my main issue is i can't open ip of simulator on my IE browser ...it was prompt me for credential but nothing comes up.....

Regards....and really appreciate for yr reply

Public