Simulator Discussions

IGROUP CREATE and LUN MAPPING

windycity_1

Hello to all the pros and experts out there in the community, I am reaching out for assistance here.

I am trying to create an igroup and map it to an initiator, I keep getting errors which means, I am doing something wrong.

QUESTION:

Can I use any of the initiator group names that I see when I run ( igroup show) or, can I just pick any name or use the Hostname of the Windows Server that will access the Volume?.

Is the iqn: from the server that will access the Volume I created or, can I use any of the iqn that is associated with the igroup names I see

On my command below, I am trying to use EXCHANGE, JONHDOE for igroup names as an example. I also tried to use one of the igroup names when I do igroup show but, it says, it already exist.

These are my errors:

lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup JohnDoe -protocol iscsi -ostype windows_2008 -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hzda20ufs1.mi.di.boy.mil

cluster1::> lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup JohnDoe -protocol iscsi -ostype windows_2008 -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hzda20ufs1.mi.di.boy.mil

Error: "windows_2008" is an invalid value for field "-ostype <solaris|windows|hpux|aix|linux|netware|vmware|openvms|xen|hyper_v>"

cluster1::>

cluster1::> Error:

Error: "Error:" is not a recognized command

cluster1::> lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup Exchange -protocol iscsi -ostype windows -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hqdac8ndam01.mi.ds.army.mil

Error: command failed: Invalid initiator "hqdac8ndam01.mi.ds.boy.mil". An example of a valid WWN is "01:02:03:04:0a:0b:0c:0d". Examples of valid iSCSI names are

"iqn.1995-08.com.example:string" and "eui.0123456789ab.

cluster1::> lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup JohnDoe -protocol iscsi -ostype windows_2008 -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hzda20ufs1.mi.di.boy.mil

Error: "windows_2008" is an invalid value for field "-ostype <solaris|windows|hpux|aix|linux|netware|vmware|openvms|xen|hyper_v>"

cluster1::>

Error: "Error:" is not a recognized command

cluster1::> lun igroup create -vserver vs1 -igroup Exchange -protocol iscsi -ostype windows -initiator iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft: hqdac8ndam01.mi.ds.boy.mil

Error: command failed: Invalid initiator "hqdac8ndam01.mi.ds.boy.mil". An example of a valid WWN is "01:02:03:04:0a:0b:0c:0d". Examples of valid iSCSI names are

"iqn.1995-08.com.example:string" and "eui.0123456789ab

I LIKE TO CREATE THE IGROUP AND MAP THE LUN BUT, I AM NOT SURE WHICH IQN I NEED TO USE OR, IF I CAN JUST USE, either the iqn from the Server that will access the LUN of an existing ign that I see when i run igroup show.

Thnaks in advance to everyone out there for your input and assistance

-S

1 REPLY 1

J-L-B

Use "windows" and not "windows_2008" for your OS type.  The valid OS types for iGroups are:  <solaris|windows|hpux|aix|linux|netware|vmware|openvms|xen|hyper_v>

As far as the iscsi initiator name, it looks like there may be a space after the colon in the name causing the error.  

Refer to https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1610202/html/lun/igroup/create.html     See step #2

Public