Simulator Discussions

Netapp 8.1 7-mode HA Cluster?

bashirgas

Hi,

Is it possible to setup HA cluster using 8.1.x 7-mode? Or should I use C-mode instead?

Thanks

Bash

9 REPLIES 9

CCOLEMAN_

You can setup a "HA Pair" meaning you have two single controllers clustered together, so that in the event of a failure (controller, cable, nic, switch) the other controller takes over.

C-Mode will enable you to cluster multiple "HA Pairs" together, and is pretty much the direction everything is heading. But 7-Mode is perfectly suitable if you only need two controllers in one "HA Pair".

Here is a good NetApp 101 I found

http://prezi.com/u5_9_ohfgowf/netapp-101/

bashirgas

Hi,

I have two single controllers and want to pair them. Have got NO cf license. I did change the SERIAL_NUMBER and SYSID on the second controller.

A clue of how to do it would be appriciated, thanks!

// Bash

CCOLEMAN_

add a CF license and then type "cf enable"

You can pull your licenses down from support.netapp.com if you bought an HA pair it would come with a CF license

bashirgas

and where is the license? I am using VSIM and the license is not included in the license text file?

// Bash

AHEUSDENS

Did you find the license you were looking for? I too have a dual controller setup and would like to enable HA but can't seem to find a CF license on the support page.

guybearnapx

Hi,

I find a license for cf : JQIGWWF

I do the change of the S/N on the second node, but I can't still do it working.

DOT812-7M> cf status

DOT812-7M cluster monitor not initialized.

(null).

Partner is unknown

Any idea ?

thomasdorsch

Hi guys,

i searched the web and it doesn't seam to be possible to have a ha pair configuration in sim 8.x.x.

BR

Thomas

jacint

Hi,

Simulate_ONTAP doc says no:

"Simulate ONTAP does not support the following features:

• High Availability (CFO/SFO)
  • Fibre channel and SAN connectivity
  • RLM (Remote LAN Module)
  • CFE, BIOS, shelf FW, and so on
  • Multipathing"

HENRYPAN2