2013-06-21 08:17 AM
I am not able to add ONTAP 8.2 simulator to oncommand system manager or oncommand console because it is not responding to any of the SNMP requests. all the snmp commands are timing out with error "no response" from agent but in the simulator host following commands are working good,
1) netstat -a : shows the agent is listening in port 161
Dev-NetApp-Sim1> options snmp
2013-09-21 10:16 PM
The reason is that in Ontap Simulator 8.2, the Community Names = public is not added by default. Therefore this is the workaround
1. Login using Credentials, that is Username = admin and password="whatever your password is"
2. Login again by double clicking on the controller name in system manager
3. Go to Cluster, Configuration, System Tools and then SNMP
4. Click Edit and add "public" to the Community Names
SNMP login should work now.