Simulator Discussions

Ontap Simulator 8.1.1 and disk shelves

vongillus

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest SIM 8.1.1. It's written that it's possible to use in shelves disks of 9 GB maximum but it's not explained how to do it. I see that there is a virtual disk of 250 GB. I didn't found either the script "makedisks.main" to create such disks.

Any idea?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tonacki

I just uploaded a document on how to add disks when using Data ONTAP 8.1.1 simulators.  The script name and location has changed, so try using the new instructions.  Let me know if you have any comments too.

Thanks, Tom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tonacki

I just uploaded a document on how to add disks when using Data ONTAP 8.1.1 simulators.  The script name and location has changed, so try using the new instructions.  Let me know if you have any comments too.

Thanks, Tom

vongillus

It works as described, I can now play with the simulator!

Thanks a lot!

Gilles

scottgelb

Any way to get the 8.1.1 image tgz for the vsim? Then we can upgrade without having to recreate it when on the 8.1 already. Only internal NetApp get access to those images but would be really nice to have access to he full vsim or the upgrade tgz.

khorheesoo

anyone having problem downloading the 8.1 simulator? I tried just now. It just brings me to a page as the product is not found

tonacki

I just tried all 4 images for 8.1.0 and the files were found and started to download.  Can you refresh the page and try again?

Tom

scottgelb

worked for me too..but I would prefer the upgrade image file to upgrade my existing VSIMS (3x  7-mode, 4x cluster mode in two clusters) instead of recreating them to go from 8.1 to 8.1.1

Public