Subscribe

SIM Cluster 8.3 Snapmirror

Hi All

i am trying to simulate a production and DR site using snapmirror and Veam Backup

we currently have a FAS8020 as production but want to simulate the process for Veeam to use the snapmirror

i have created the cluster 8.3 simulated cluster in our productions site and licenced it by following the guide and adding all the licences - which has worked well

i am now placing another cluster 8.3 simulater in our DR site - but i guess i need to change the system ID to be able to do this? my only problem is i cannot find a second cluster node licence?

i am using this on the primary site

Cluster Base license = SMKQROWJNQYQSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

but after changing the setenv i cannot use this licence again or find one i could use site this site

is it possible for me to do this somehow? i need to show this off so we can discuss the possibility another FAS8020 in out DR environment

Re: SIM Cluster 8.3 Snapmirror

there is no need to change the system ID, just give each cluster a different name and you'll be fine. All licenses will work on all simulators without chaging any sys iDs

P.S Please give Kudos if you feel this answer has helped you! Smiley Happy

Re: SIM Cluster 8.3 Snapmirror

brilliant thakn you

i did not want to waste time building a second one just for it to turn around and fail on me

good to know :-) thank you