Subscribe
Accepted Solution

vSim 8.1.1 c-mode in Fusion 5

Has anyone been able to run the vSim on VMware Fusion 5? 

I can't seem to get it to install.  Upon booting, it panics and reports "PANIC: Can't find device with WWN 0x412238080. Remove '/sim/dev/,disks/,reservations' and restart. in SK process vha_disk_resv on release 8.1.1X34"

Thanks!

Re: vSim 8.1.1 c-mode in Fusion 5

I have it working without any issue in both 7-mode and cluster-mode on the latest Fusion 5... I would download the file again from the support site since it sounds like a corrupt file.

Thanks, Scott!  However, I've tried re-downloading it several times using Chrome and Firefox.  I've also tried using the OSX Archive Manager, and tar (via Terminal) to extract the files. 

I've also noticed that when I use the "md5" command via terminal to check the checksum of the downloaded file, I keep getting the same fingerprint, but it doesn't match the fingerprint on the support site.  Any recommendations on how I should download the file?  I've never had problems downloading any software from the NetApp Support site before.

Hi Scott. 

It's working now.  Downloaded using Firefox, though still not the same md5 fingerprint.  Extracted using "tar xvzf". 

Thanks!

Good to hear. I used osx which worked fine but could be a download issue

Sent from my iPhone 5