Community

Subscribe
Highlighted

Customer planning to use SnapCreator with Lotus Domino and SnapDrive for HP-UX

Hi,

Would anybody be able to help with the request below from one of our Partners?

Customer planning to use SnapCreator with Lotus Domino and SnapDrive for HP-UX

The customer wants to use Windows 2012R2 for the Lotus Domino Server.

Looking at the Interop Matrix I see two problems:

• Snapcreator currently doesn’t support Windows 2012 so I assume nor is Windows 2012R2

• Snapdrive for HP-UX doesn’t support OnTap 8.2.x

Do we have a roadmap that indicates when or if these items will be supported?

Thanks,

Re: Customer planning to use SnapCreator with Lotus Domino and SnapDrive for HP-UX

Hi,

I'm guessing these are two different requests - One for Snap Creator and one for SnapDrive?

Snap Creator 4.1, expected to release in January, will support Windows 2012.  4.1 will also support Data ONTAP 8.2.

The community release is available now on www.snapcreator.com.

The community release is an open beta - it is not a supported release, but it has most of the features and functions that the supported release will have.

Please be aware that only Domino 8.5.3 FP4 and Domino 9 support Windows 2012.

Snap Creator 4.1 will also support Domino 9.

I don't have any feedback on HP-UX and SnapDrive with ONTAP 8.2 - We'll have to find someone in the SnapDrive group to answer that query.

I'll send an email out about this, but the next two days are holidays in the US and I may not get a response until next week.

Hope this helps,

John

Re: Customer planning to use SnapCreator with Lotus Domino and SnapDrive for HP-UX

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.  Just one more question that I forgot to clarify ...

Will SnapCreator 4.1 be supported on both 7-Mode and cDOT or just cDOT?

Thanks,

Elias

Snap Creator has supported both Ontap cmode and 7mode since the 4.0 version.

Snap Creator 4.1 will support Ontap cmode 8.2 in addition

Keith

Hi Keith,

Just to make sure I understand correctly ...

SnapCreator 4.1 is/will be supported on 7 mode despite the fact that we have stopped any development for 7 mode?

I need to clarify as my customer is currently running on 7 mode.

Thanks,

Elias

Hi,

You mentioned on your reply that SnapCreator 4.1 will support Windows 2012.

My Partner wants me to confirm if support will also include Windows 2012 R2.  Will R2 be supported ?

Thanks,

Elias

Snap Creator 4.1 absolutely supports 7 mode and Clustered Data ONTAP.

I'm not 100% certain on this and have emailed someone on our team to get the answer. 

Will update the thread once I get a reply.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

>> Snapcreator currently doesn’t support Windows 2012 so I assume nor is Windows 2012R2

Hari :- Win 2012/Win 2012 R2 will be supported from SC 4.1 onwards.SC 4.1 will get released somewhere around Jan 2nd week 2014.

>> Snapdrive for HP-UX doesn’t support OnTap 8.2.x

Hari :- Snapdrive for HP-UX is right now not supported . I will check this with SnapDrive Unix  team and confirm at the earliest

Regards

Hari

Confirmed - Snap Creator 4.1 will support Windows 2012 R2.

The IMT will be updated once Snap Creator 4.1 is released in early January.

The community release is avialable now on www.snapcreator.com

We're still trying to find the right person to ask about SnapDrive for UNIX & HP-UX.

Thanks,

John