Data Backup and Recovery

Policy objects not working with Restores from SnapCreator

marcel_juhnke

Hi,

I have found that Policy objects (which were introduced in SC 4.1) do not work for Restores in the SnapCreator GUI.

When choosing the Restore option I need to choose a Volume and a Policy to restore from. When I have a config with one of the default policies 'hourly, daily, weekly, monthly' I can choose it. But when I have a config that is attached to a Policy Object, I cannot choose any (dropdown is empty) and cannot proceed with the restore dialog.

Is this a known behaviour?

Thanks

Marcel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spinks

Marcel,

Can you open a case on this?

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

spinks

Marcel,

Can you open a case on this?

Thanks,

John

pilkar

Hi,

the same problem is with Mount and Umount action...

BR,

Rostislav

dmauro

did you create a case and/or solved your problem?

pilkar

Hi, the problem is solved in SC 4.1.2 - for restore and also for mount/umount actions.

dmauro

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

according to the Release Notes of SC 4.1.2, there was no problem fixed in 4.1.2 with the description you mentioned in this post.

Perhaps simply reinstall and reconfigure your SC would have resolved the issue too Smiley Wink

As a matter of fact, yesterday, I tried to set this up with 4.1.0 and I could successfully backup and restore a oracle database using policy object:

assign the policyobject

restore a config with policyobject

I thought this information could be useful to those who may see a problem when configuring policy object.

Kind Regards,

Domenico Di Mauro.

pilkar

Hi,

I have checked once again also older releases (4.1 -> 4.1.1P4, fresh installation) and I was able to mount/umount and restore custom policy snapshots too... It's quite interesting that it's working now and was not working before - otherwise I would not write a post in this thread... 😉

I did not create a case because I thougt marcel_juhnke (creator of this thread) created one after marking this thread as solved.

Anyway, thanks for your hint!

BR,

Rostislav

Public