Community

Subscribe
Highlighted

Snap Creator 4.0 SENDTRAP hangs

I'm running Snap Creator 4 on AIX 6.1 and trying to use the Event Notifications feature to send fail/success messages from Snap Creator. I noticed that the Snap Creator job hangs if I include the SENDTRAP settings. Here is the section of the config with the event notifications settings:

########################################################################################################################

#     Event Options                                                                                                    #

########################################################################################################################

NTAP_ASUP_ERROR_ENABLE=N

SUCCESS_MSG=INFO: Snap Creator Framework finished successfully (Action: %ACTION)

SENDTRAP=/usr/bin/mailx -s %MSG my@emailaddress < /dev/null

SUCCESS_TRAP=/usr/bin/mailx -s %MSG my@emailaddress < /dev/null

Note: I've replaced my actual email address with my@emailaddress.

If I copy and paste the command into the command line it successfully sends the mail.

Re: Snap Creator 4.0 SENDTRAP hangs

Please try to include double quotes like below and try again.

SENDTRAP=/usr/bin/mailx -s " %MSG " my@emailaddress < /dev/null

SUCCESS_TRAP=/usr/bin/mailx -s " %MSG " my@emailaddress < /dev/null

Hi Siva,

I tried adding the double quotes but it still didn't work. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Leighton

This is how I was able to receive emails on AIX.

SENDTRAP=echo "something" | /usr/bin/mailx -s TYPEYOURSUBJECT my@emailaddress

None of the %MSG stuff got expanded, and there is a defect request already about this.

Could you please try above syntax and let me know if it works?

Hi Siva,

I used the syntax you provided and Snap Creator said it completed successfully but I'm still not getting the mail.

[2013-10-23 12:21:00,246] INFO: Sending Trap message to external system echo "Snap Creator Job Succeeded" | /usr/bin/mailx -s Test my@emailaddress

1502 [2013-10-23 12:21:00,363] INFO: stdout:"Snap Creator Job Succeeded" | /usr/bin/mailx -s Test my@emailaddress

If I use the same syntax on the command line I get the mail. I've asked my sysadmin to check if the mail queue has any held messages so I'll wait to see if that's where it's failing.

Leighton

Leighton,

Please let me know if this is resolved.

I am available this week to look at this further.

Thanks,
Siva Ramanathan

Hi Siva,

Sorry for the late response. I still haven't gotten this to work. No email from SC but works from OS command-line.

Thanks.