Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

API calls for options set in advanced mode

pierrecarette

I am using the NMSDK for ontap in cluster mode with python. I am wondering if it is possible to set options that are accessible in advanced mode via API.

for example:

- Volume atime-update

- nfs tcp-max-xfer-size

Thanks,

Pierre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

You'll want to use the "volume-set-option" API to set the "no_atime_update" option to off.  For cDOT, this is in the vserver context.  Make sure the user you connect with has enough privileges to access advanced level.

I can't find anything in the API docs about the NFS tcp-max-xfer-size setting, so you may need to use a different method to set that.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

asulliva

You'll want to use the "volume-set-option" API to set the "no_atime_update" option to off.  For cDOT, this is in the vserver context.  Make sure the user you connect with has enough privileges to access advanced level.

I can't find anything in the API docs about the NFS tcp-max-xfer-size setting, so you may need to use a different method to set that.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

neha_T

@asulliva  How to set advance option?

like I am trying RPC approach for snapdiff (ZAPI V2)

But I am getting below error:

{u'results': {u'@errno': u'13005', 
                       u'@reason': u'Unable to find API: sd_rpc_connect on data vserver NAS_SVM',
                       u'@status': u'failed'}} 

Do we need to set any option to get "sd_rpc_connect" api enable via NMSDK

Public