Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

NMDSK 4.1 and Visual Basic .NET?

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi all,

can anyone tell me, how I can create a connection to a Filer with NMSDK 4.1 and Visual Basic .NET ?

Thank you!

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas
7 REPLIES 7

sens

Hi Lukas,

Please see the sample codes bundled with NMSDK 4.1 zip file.

The simplest example which will show you how to create a connection to a Filer (NetApp Storage System) using VB.NET can be found at:

<nmsdk bundle root directory>\src\sample\Core_API\DotNet\VB.NET\hello_ontapi\

Regards,

Sen.

ssoo_verti

This folder does not exists.

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi Sen,

I've downloaded the "netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1-dotnet-bindings.zip" File and there are no source codes for VB.NET. Now I'm downloading the "netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1.zip" File and hope that there are some VB.NET source codes in. Maybe you can post the VB.NET source code here?

Thank you,

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas

sens

Sorry, I was assuming you were already using netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1.zip. My Bad.

You will find the said sample code under:

\netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1\src\sample\Core_API\DotNet\VB.NET\hello_ontapi\

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi Sens,

okay, then I got the wrong Package 🙂

Thank you for your help!

BR,

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas

sens

Actually, netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1-dotnet-bindings.zip is not a wrong package. It's just a different package containing different interfaces to connect to NetApp storage system.

It contains only the C# sample codes. If you want to use only the dotnet-bindings package for VB.NET, we can write sample codes for you and post it here. However, if you want to

use the regular SDK package (netapp-manageability-sdk-4.1.zip), you can get the VB.NET sample codes from the location mentioned in the previous post.

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Sorry, i mean the wrong package for my projects.

Thank you anyway.

Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas
Public