Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

SDK: Is it possible for storage admin to update URL in NaServer?

haritha_n

We have NetApp FAS6070 filers in our data center and we automate NetApp volume management through Manage ONTAP Perl SDK.

I see the following code in NaServer.pm:

sub set_server_type ($$) {

my $self = shift;

my $type = shift;

my $port = $self->{port};

if ($type !~ /^(Filer|NetCache|Agent|DFM)/i) {

return $self->fail_response(13001,

"in NaServer::set_server_type: bad type \"$type\"");

}

($type =~ /Filer/i) && do {

$self->{url} = "/servlets/netapp.servlets.admin.XMLrequest_filer";

};

($type =~ /NetCache/i) && do {

$self->{url} = "/servlets/netapp.servlets.admin.XMLrequest";

$self->{port} = 80;

};

($type =~ /Agent/i) && do {

$self->{url} = "/apis/XMLrequest";

$self->{port} = 4092;

};

($type =~ /DFM/i) && do {

$self->{url} = "/apis/XMLrequest";

$self->{port} = 8081;

};

$self->{servertype} = $type;

}

I would like to know if the storage admin can customize the url values defined for $self->{url} (or) if the path such as "/servlets/netapp.servlets.admin.XMLrequest_filer" is truly hard coded and cannot be changed at all.

I couldn't find any information about it in product and SDK documentation of NetApp. Does anyone have an idea about this?

Regards,

Haritha

5 REPLIES 5

sens

Hi Haritha,

The SDK Documentation (SDK_help.htm) says "You shall not modify the Language Libraries" [see "Software License Agreement" -> 1(ii)].

We can try help you with an alternative way (without violating the license) if you let us know why (scenario) you would want to change the url.

Regards,

Sen.

rle
NetApp Alumni

Hi Haritha,

To add to Sen's comment. The URLs are hard-coded in ONTAP, OnCommand(DFM), and OSSV(Agent).  Netcache is obsolete.

Regards,

- Rick -

kevingraham

haritha.n wrote:

I would like to know if the storage admin can customize the url values defined for $self->{url} (or) if the path such as "/servlets/netapp.servlets.admin.XMLrequest_filer" is truly hard coded and cannot be changed at all.

What's your use case? Like Rick said, you can't change the filer endpoint, and other than feeding data through a customized ZAPI proxy, I don't understand where this would be useful.

haritha_n

Thank you Sen, Rick and Kevin.

We are trying to automate volume management of existing NetApp filers. So, we wanted to know if we can assume these URLs to be hard-coded and require only the storage name from the users (or) if we need to ask about any customizations to the URLs also.

Regards,

Haritha

haritha_n

I was trying to set the flags for 'Correct Answer' and 'Helpful Answer', the page is freezing when I attempt it. Thank you for your responses.

Public