Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

create volume in cluster-mode

barnabegailliard

Hello,

I lookup to create volume in a cluster-mode by api.

But, i can't find the api to create a volume and attach to a vserver.

There is an api to create the volume or i have to use a cli to create it ?

Best regards.

Barnabé

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zulanch

Hi Barnabé,

The volume-create API is a Vserver API in Clustered ONTAP. You connect to a Vserver and then run the volume-create API to create a volume on that Vserver. Or, alternatively, you can connect to the Administrative Vserver on the Cluster Management interface and use Vserver tunneling (NaServer.setVserver()) to tunnel the volume-create API to your desired Vserver.

You might find the sample code included in the SDK helpful. It has an example of creating volumes using either method described above.

Thanks,

Ben

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

zulanch

Hi Barnabé,

The volume-create API is a Vserver API in Clustered ONTAP. You connect to a Vserver and then run the volume-create API to create a volume on that Vserver. Or, alternatively, you can connect to the Administrative Vserver on the Cluster Management interface and use Vserver tunneling (NaServer.setVserver()) to tunnel the volume-create API to your desired Vserver.

You might find the sample code included in the SDK helpful. It has an example of creating volumes using either method described above.

Thanks,

Ben

barnabegailliard

Hello Ben,

Thanks for your answer, it's work.

I haven't seen that the way to create a volume is done by a vserver not by the cluster.

Thanks,

Barnabé

Public