Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

snapshot-get-iter unable to get info of all volumes

BALAGUDURU

Hi,

I am using snapshot-get-iter to report all volumes and it's snapshots details. For that I am using max-records ad 500 and tag as none. When I ran in ZEDI with no query, just plane snapshot-get-iter, I am getting an error when it is looking for snapshots of offlined volumes. I changed the max-records to 1000 then it pulled more volumes which it couldn't when it was 500 but failing at the offlined volumes. Similar error message for both the situations.

usable size.png

Error: 

/next-tag>
       <num-records>500</num-records>
               <volume-errors>
               <volume-error>
                         <errno>13023</errno>
                         <name>test_volume</name>
                         <reason>Unable to get information for Snapshot copies of volume &quot;test_volume&quot; on Vserver &quot;test_vservert&quot;. Reason: Volume not online.</reason>
                          <vserver>test_vserver</vserver>
                </volume-error>
                </volume-errors>
        </results>
</netapp>

I am using Python to make these api calls. Please let me know if there is something I am missing or an alternate to getting the snapshot info info of all volumes in 1/2 calls. I know we can query on per volume basis by specifying the volume name in snapshot-list-info. But it would take a million calls for million volumes and forever for the script to complete.

0 REPLIES 0
Public