Flash Memory Summit is a premier conference that provides the latest information on flash memory and its applications. This year, the conference will be held on August 11-13, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The NetApp Team is excited to be a part of FMS and will be at Booth 511 to answer any of your questions! Take a sneak peek at the events, demos, speaking sessions, giveaways, and meeting opportunities ahead.
Tuesday, August 11, 2015:
Professional Panel: Enterprise Applications Part 2
Tuesday, August 11, 3:15 pm – 5:45 pm
Flash memory has enabled new storage system and computing architectures which can handle many enterprise applications far more efficiently than with hard disks. This session will feature actual case studies by innovative storage companies, including descriptions of the problem, approach, and results. Applications will include virtual desktops, streaming media, SQL and NoSQL databases, OLTP, data warehousing, big data analytics, Hadoop / MapReduce, financial transactions, and in-memory computing. Customers will co-present with some speakers.
Chairperson: Jean Bozman, Director Infrastructure Research, Neuralytix
- Lee Caswell, VP Product and Solution Marketing, NetApp – “DWD: Delivering Weather Information Faster with Flash”
- Beth Joseph, Product Marketing Manager, HP and Amandeep Singh, Storage Architect, Jive Software – “Flash Storage Use Cases: Customers Share Their Stories”
- Derek Leslie, Sr Product Manager, SolidFire – “Building the Next Generation Data Center Today”
- George Symons, CEO, GridStore – “Why Upgrade Infrastructure to Converged?”
- Ivan Iannaconne, Product Manager, HP – “Flash Storage Drives a Better Bottom Line”
- Jim Jonez, VP Worldwide Marketing, Dot Hill – “Hybrid Flash Array for Video Surveillance”
Meet the NetApp Experts
Tuesday, August 11, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Come meet our experts to discuss the topics that are relevant to you. Our scheduled face-to-face meetings guarantee your voice will be heard and you will get the answers you’ve been looking for. Bringing thought leadership and expertise to the table – we’ll make your technology vision a reality.
Expert: Manish Agarwal
Wednesday, August 12, 2015:
Professional Panel: Hybrid vs. All Flash Arrays - Which is Better for Your Data Center?
Wednesday, August 12, 8:30 am to 9:35 am
- Lee Caswell, VP Product and Solution Marketing, NetApp
- Dan Leary, VP Marketing, Nimble Storage
- Amy Love, CMO, Violin Memory
- Chadd Kenney, CTO Americas, Pure Storage
- Chuck Dubuque, Sr. Director Product and Solution Marketing, Tintri
Professional Panel: Paper Session 201-D: Flash Arrays, Part 1
Wednesday, August 12, 8:30 am to 9:35 am
- Brian McKean, Software Engineer, NetApp – “Achieving Consistent Low Latency with All-Flash Arrays”
- Weafon Tsao, VP, AccelStor – “Building a High IOPS Flash Array: A Software-Defined Approach”
- Louis Imershein, VP Product Strategy, Permabit – “Data Efficiency Appliances and Flash Storage Arrays”
Enterprise Storage Design Forum
Wednesday, August 12, 8:30 am – 10:50 am
Moderator: Steve Hetzler, IBM
- Saumyabrata Bandyopadhyay, Director Software Engineering, NetApp & Ravi Dronamraju, Architect for ONTAP Flash Solution, NetApp – “Building a Flash Optimized Storage System”
- Steve Hetzler, IBM Fellow, IBM Almaden Research Center – “A New Metric for Analyzing Storage System Performance Under Varied Workloads”
- Craig Carl, VP Product Management, Zadara Storage – “Using Flash in Workload-Aware Storage”
- J. Das, Founder/CEO, Third Eye Consulting Services and Solutions – “SSDs to the Rescue in a World of Big Data!”
- Bob Hansen, VP Systems Architecture, Apeiron Data Systems – “High-Performance, Highly Scalable Storage Architecture Using NVMe”
- Andrew Flint, VP Marketing, ioFabric – “Employing Storage QoS to Use Flash Resources Efficiently”
Visit Our Booth
Wednesday, August 12, 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm, Booth 511
Theater Session: NetApp Enterprise-Grade All Flash Array: A Technical Overview
Wednesday, August 12, 5:05 pm – 5:20 pm, FMS Theater
Blazing flash performance or enterprise-grade storage with a proven track record? You don’t have to choose anymore! Learn about how we optimized for all-flash without sacrificing all the enterprise capabilities inherent to the industry’s #1 storage operating system. This theater session will give you a rapid-fire overview of NetApp’s all-flash portfolio and the newly introduced AFF8000 line.
Speaker: Jeff Baxter, CTO Americas Sales, NetApp
Thursday, August 13, 2015:
Visit Our Booth
Thursday, August 13, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Booth 511
Thursday, August 13, 9:45 am - 10:50 am
- Skip Shapiro, Sr Technical Marketing Engineer, NetApp, “All-Flash Array Nodes in a Hybrid Storage Cluster”
- Manish Agarwal, Director Product Management, NetApp, “All-Flash Array Market Segmentation”
- David Rodgers, Sr Product Marketing Manager, Teledyne LeCroy, “Using Line Rate Analysis Tools to Optimize SSD Array Performance with High-Speed Fabrics”
Industry Keynote: Data Center Evolution: Hyperscale vs. Enterprise Architectures
Thursday, August 13, 11:05 am – 11:35 am
If you’re building a new application today, hyperscale computing - public cloud, hyperconverged site, co-location facility -- is a likely factor in your deployment plan.
Could this scale-out white box approach be the key to delivering the right balance of speed and cost for all your storage needs? Do the performance and data management strengths inherent with classic enterprise storage architectures still matter? How has the cloud changed the design direction of traditional on-premises solutions?
This session will explore the differences between the two options and how developers can make the best choice for their storage needs, based on workloads and use cases.
Speaker: Val Bercovici, Cloud Czar, Office of the CTO, NetApp
Contests and Giveaways:
Engage with Us!
Whether you’re in Santa Clara, or keeping tabs online with your mobile phone, stay up-to-date by following @netapp and @NetAppPartners on Twitter. SHARE your thoughts, engage with us, and read what others are saying with our event hashtag #NetAppFMS.