We are pleased to announce the NetApp® OnCommand® System Manager 3.0 beta program. OnCommand System Manager 3.0 data management software is a release dedicated to support clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.
The System Manager 3.0 Beta release supports the following new features for clustered Data ONTAP 8.2:
- Deploy and manage clustered Data ONTAP 8.2 SnapVault relationship.
- Set up Vserver and configure protocols on the Vserver using a simplified user interface.
- Deploy and manage SnapVault and SnapMirror relationships with a simple and intuitive user interface.
- Create local users and groups on a Vserver’s CIFS server.
- Create and manage continuously available SMB 3.0 file shares to store Hyper-V virtual machine files on volumes residing in Vservers with FlexVol volumes, while at the same time providing non-disruptive operations for both planned and unplanned events.
- Monitor the state of all the HA pairs in a cluster running clustered Data ONTAP 8.2.
- System Manager 3.0 provides support for licensing changes in clustered Data ONTAP 8.2. Clustered Data ONTAP 8.2 feature licenses are issued as packages, each of which contains multiple features or a single feature.
The beta program is open to all NetApp customers and partners. If you’re looking to see what’s on the horizon for NetApp OnCommand System Manager data management software, please go to the community to learn more about the beta program today!