NetApp is shipping SnapProtect v10 SP3B, the latest version of our leading backup application, now supporting clustered Data ONTAP systems. SnapProtect is a virtualization and app-aware backup application that uses NetApp Snapshot copies as backup images. SnapProtect controls and catalogs Snapshot, thin-replication and tape operations from a single console enabling companies to implement disk to tape, disk to disk, and disk to disk to tape solutions. Many NetApp customers are using both Clustered and 7-Mode systems and SnapProtect allows them to manage backup and recovery from a single pane of glass.
Compared with legacy backup application, SnapProtect enables you to:
• Shrink backup windows. Low-impact NetApp SnapProtect copies and replication can reduce backup windows from hours to minutes.
• Lower costs. Lower disk capacity utilization by up to 90% and significantly reduce network usage with industry-leading efficiencies.
• Build in virtualization and application awareness. Minimize downtime and help prevent data loss through integration with virtualization and major applications.
• Recover faster. Recover data in minutes, not hours, by using high-speed Snapshot copies, which are fully cataloged for rapid search and retrieval.
• Build in unified backup management. Accelerate response times and reduce costs by managing Snapshot copies, replication, and tape backup from a single source.