NetApp at Soft Grid 2012 - It's Ok, It's Just Data

I presented last week at Soft Grid 2012 on Big Data, Analytics and the Smart Grid. My presentation entitled, "Big Data, Smart Data and the Grid - It's Ok, It's All Data" can be seen starting at about the 36 minute mark from the link below. I also chime in quite a bit on the moderated Q&A panel that follows, starting at the 1:08 mark.

My talk focuses on: the importance of hot and cold data as opposed to structured and unstructured data, the parallels of the evolution of the Smart Grid as compared to the evolution of analytics and the notion that, at the end of the day, it's all just data - big, small or indifferent.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/24726881

The description of the panel and the other speakers are here:

Thought-Leaders Forum

Hear four short talks from experts throughout the industry supply chain on a number of soft grid, analytics and cloud-based themes, including consumer analytics, grid infrastructure analysis, the use of cloud-based infrastructure for smart grid services, network-based analytics, big data storage and processing, MDM and other topics. Each speaker will present for 15 minutes with a 30 minute session at the end for moderated discussion and audience Q&A.

Daniel Hokanson, Director of Product Management, Ecologic Analytics, a Landis+Gyr Company
Jim Walker, Director of Product Marketing, Hortonworks
Patricia Florissi, Vice President, Americas & EMEA CTO, EMC Corporation
William Peterson, Director, Marketing, NetApp