NetApp Clustered DATA ONTAP Support Now Available
With the release of OnCommand Balance v4.1, the award-winning performance management software now supports NetApp systems running Clustered ONTAP v8.1.1 and later. Many Clustered ONTAP customers that participated in the beta program found great value in getting visibility into the health of their entire infrastructure including clusters through Balance’s automated color-coded topology map.
NetApp customers who are migrating from 7-mode to Clustered ONTAP will find value in:
- Monitoring infrastructure performance by VM and/or application throughout the migration process
- Analyzing workloads before and after migration to assure service levels
- Identifying opportunities to optimize infrastructure performance
New Features in Balance 4.1 include:
- New Storage Dashboard
- Enhanced NetApp storage analysis (cluster-mode & 7-mode)
- Identifying top 10 workloads
- Expanded Interoperability
- NetApp cluster-mode (Data ONTAP 8.1.1)
- NetApp physical and guest NFS
- VMware vSphere 5.1
- HP 3PAR
- EMC VNX
Here are some highlights of the new features.
New Storage Dashboard
The new storage dashboard provides an overview of storage performance including cluster details, failover risk, and workload summary.
NetApp Storage Analysis: Identifying Top 10 Workloads
Top 10 workloads screen tells you which workloads are the biggest users or storage drivers. It identifies your “top talkers” to help you best architect your storage infrastructure.
Of course you get all the existing goodness of Balance including:
- Visibility into virtual infrastructure from VMs to physical servers to storage disks
- Reporting on misalignment and prioritizing performance risks
- Identifying the cause of infrastructure performance problems
- Tuning server and storage utilization for optimal shared infrastructure performance
- Optimizing VM densities
- And much, much more…
The dashboard tells you where the performance risks are as soon as you open the GUI.
The Balance Predictor notifies you of increasing load on disks before you have a problem.
Multi-vendor Storage Support
Balance supports NetApp and all of the other major storage vendors including EMC, Dell, HP, HDS, and IBM, so you can get visibility into the infrastructure performance of your multi-vendor storage data center from one product. If you’re a NetApp customer and haven’t upgraded to Clustered ONTAP 8.1, no worries, Balance 4.1 continues to support previous versions of Data ONTAP 7.
How to Get Balance
If you’re an existing customer, you can download OnCommand Balance v4.1 from NetApp’s Support site. To learn more about Balance, check out these short product demonstrations on the OnCommand Balance community. Balance is sold by controller-based license for NetApp systems and capacity-based licensing for other storage systems. If you’d like to purchase Balance, contact your local NetApp reseller or NetApp account manager.
We hope you enjoy the product enhancements.