Taking the Next Step in Enterprise-grade Public Cloud Solutions

You may have seen the announcement last week by Cisco and Microsoft for a new solution named Cisco Cloud Architecture (CCA) for the Microsoft Cloud Platform that provides Infrastructure, Platform and Software as-a-Service capabilities focused on the Cloud Service Provider and Hoster markets.  This new offer delivers a number of innovations on top of the Microsoft Cloud OS platform - including the Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure product set – that providers can use to quickly build both functional and profitable Enterprise-grade Cloud businesses while enabling them to differentiate their services in what has become a crowded marketplace.

NetApp has been – and continues to be – a very close partner of both Cisco and Microsoft across a number of areas, including our range of FlexPod solutions, such as the award-winning FlexPod Datacenter with Microsoft Private Cloud.  In addition to FlexPod – which surpassed $3bn in sales last year – we’ve been collaborating with Cisco for a number of years on their predominant Public Cloud solutions including Virtualized Multi-Service Data Center;   so it probably comes as no surprise that we have again been working closely with both Cisco and Microsoft on the Cisco Cloud Architecture for the Microsoft Cloud Platform as well.

So, I am happy to announce that as of today, NetApp has a complete storage architecture aligned and validated for this new Cisco solution.  The configuration is available today alongside the associated Cisco & Microsoft components. And, as I write this, NetApp is the only storage vendor with both an aligned and validated solution available at the launch of the CCA for the Microsoft Cloud Platform. One of the key elements of this effort that really moves the market forward is that the solution announced and delivered today is just the start of building something better and bigger with our Service Provider partners, who can look forward to continued innovations delivered in a real-time DevOps model that enable a continuous stream of new monetizeable services and access to new capabilities for their tenants.  This is very different to the traditional “point-in-time” type solutions that you often see, and which make it difficult for our partners to continue to innovate once the initial solution is built – and is a critical element in enabling Cloud Service Providers to keep on the cutting edge in the rapidly changing Cloud market.

You can imagine that as someone who works day-in and day-out on NetApp’s strategy for solutions for Service Providers around Cloud, XaaS and Hybrid, how I’ve been wanting to tell my SP partners and the market about these new innovations – so now the word is out, I’m looking forward to talking to anyone that will listen about the unique value that NetApp brings to this Cisco solution.

As well as enabling our Service Provider partners to build their own Enterprise-class Public Cloud offers using Microsoft and Cisco technologies, our NetApp Private Storage (NPS) for Azure reference architecture is also available and combines Microsoft’s own Azure Public Cloud with the benefits of a Service-Provider hosted Enterprise-class storage solution.  We have seen a number of Service Providers deploying NPS for Azure, so if you’ve not heard about the solution and would like to know more, I’d highly recommend heading over to an informative blog post that my colleague Tom Shields recently penned.

Along with Cisco, NetApp will attend the 2015 Microsoft Cloud and Hosting Summit, where you’ll be able to connect with our representatives in more depth about how you can take advantage of these new solutions from NetApp and Microsoft to capture the market opportunity. Contact the NetApp Team to arrange a meeting. If you’re not going to be at the Summit, and would like to know more, I’d encourage you to reach out to your NetApp account manager.

Comments

Brocade has launched vyatta router for cloud networking to provide advanced routing and network security functionality for physical, virtual, and cloud networking environments.

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/data_sheets/product_data_sheets/brocade-vyatta-vrouter-cloud-ds.pdf