Three Things I’m Looking Forward to at NetApp Insight 2015

NetApp Insight 2014

By Mark Bregman, Chief Technology Officer, NetApp

Data’s not getting smaller. It’s becoming more and more central to everything we do in every industry. Although I may be new to NetApp, I’ve been in this business in various forms for more than 20 years, and right now, we’re at an inflection point. There are changing needs from companies and customers for all kinds of business and regulatory and external reasons. There are changing IT styles, cloud approaches, on premises and hybrid models to choose from, and there are new technologies such as flash and SMR (shingled magnetic recording) disk.  All of these things are happening at the same time, which is a once-in-a-lifetime event.

In just a few days, at Insight 2015, we will be discussing these changing needs with our customers, partners, industry experts, and NetApp employees. Together, we will share ideas, solve problems and influence the future course of the industry. This unique aspect sets Insight apart from all other conferences I’ve been to, and these are the three things I’m looking forward to next week.

Learning at Our Technical Sessions
Insight will be a week of in-depth discussion and technical sessions that enrich the understanding of each attendee. In total, we will have more than 300 technical breakout sessions throughout the week, including NetApp breakout sessions, partner breakout sessions, customer-generated case study sessions, and field case study sessions. And with a record number of customers joining us this year, the value of these sessions, as well as the value of a data fabric powered by NetApp, will continue to resonate with audiences around the world.

Connecting Our Employees, Partners, and Customers
In addition to the technology, it’s the engagement with NetApp employees and partners that makes this a must-attend event. You’ll get one-on-one time with those who have built the products that protect your company’s greatest asset, your data. Customers get to sit down with the people who designed the solutions and get insight into how they built them. When you talk to the solution people, you’re building a personal connection between employee and practitioner.

Driving Innovation Together
NetApp is incredibly well positioned with great teams, great people, innovative technology and a rich customer and partner base. You can’t invent this. You’ve got to be out in the marketplace working with customers who are driving the innovation.

Insight is your opportunity to help us understand what we need to do to meet your needs and help you win. This is the only place where customers, partners, influencers and employees can actually impact our entire business.

In closing let me share this. I didn't join NetApp to repeat history.  I joined NetApp because I see a real commitment to step up and drive a new and exciting era in technology that addresses the dramatic changes that the industry is going through. I’m all about change.

Come to Insight and interact directly with the smartest people in the industry. Influence our direction and our partners' direction. We will come away better at what we do.

Have your registered for NetApp Insight yet? This technical conference provides customers and partners a chance to dive deep into the trends and technology shaping the future of storage and data management, starting with how to build a Data Fabric. Learn how to meet your data challenges from NetApp engineers and thousands of the brightest IT innovators. Register for Insight today!

NetApp Insight Banner