VMware Solutions Discussions

Can VSC be used in an environment with multiple vCenter Servers?

stevecotes

We've got 2 vCenter Servers, one each deployed in two different Data Centers. We can manage all ESX hosts by connecting to either server although each ESX host is "homed" or managed by one of the servers.

Using SMVI we were able to schedule and manage our normal backup jobs, etc.

Made the "upgrade" to VSC 2.0.1P1 and found that VSC only discovers the ESX hosts and attached storage under the management of the vCenter Server it is registered to.

Registering the plug-in to the second server unregisters it from the first server.

As configured, VSC is unusable.

Is there a work around that allows VSC to register with multiple vCenter Servers?

Thanks,

- steve

3 REPLIES 3

lacherejc

Hello,

I have the same question ? Have you find a workaround ?

So to resume it's possible to have just one VSC installation for multiple Vcenter (4 in my configuration) ?

Thanks

JC

stevecotes

Hello,

mostly, yes.

By installing and registering the VSC on each vcenter server you can access and manage the configs on those hosts managed by each vcenter server.

It doesn't give you the complete "single pane of glass" to manage from, but you get a pane for each vcenter server.

When you have the client up and running you can change between servers.

- HTH - steve

lacherejc

Ok so i need install 4 vsc, one on each vcenter !

I hoped to have only one installation to have only one SMVI to manage all my Vcenter's so 4 smvi and so 4 administration and configuration !

Thanks

JC

Public