VMware Solutions Discussions

ESX 4.1 + Netapp 2040 + VSC

maxuptime

Hello,

i have a problem with my VSC-Configuration. I will backup my virtual maschines with vsc. I have installed the plugin, and it works, i can connect to the netapp filer.

But when i start a backup, comes the errormessage:

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/smvi/gwtrpc

Powered by  jetty://

I hope, someone can help me

Greetz

Stefan

12 REPLIES 12

christopher

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

regards

Chris

jocana

Hi Chris-topher,

Please check the proxy-server settings of iExplorer.. It's possible that you need to introduce Server IP for local adressess.

Regards.

akait2010

I have the same problem when I try to access the "Backup and Recovery" tab. Is there a solution?

apiatek

Hello,

I've a workarround

open taskmanager on VC

select both java processes responsible for VSC an kill them

the java processes restart automaticly an rebuild the entrys in  

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp

wait 1 minute and restart vcClient

Regards

Adam

mikesicarup

I have this exact error.  Tried killing java procceses, rebooted vCenter server, still having the issue

mikesicarup

Update:  VMWare Support recommened uninstalling/reinstalling VSC, that did the trick.

SCHARTI1967

I have the same Problem, anybody found a Solution, i tried already uninstalling/reinstalling VSC on different machines. Regards Jo

apiatek

Hello *,

Update:

In my case was the error a VSC installation on a vSphere Client.

After uninstall from the Client and VC.

And reinstall on VC and only on VC - it works fine.

ippccunningham

1. If vCenter is open close it.

2. Stop your two NetApp VSC services (should say something like "NetApp for vSpher.....")

3. Locate the \crash directory and delete it.

4. Restart your VSC services

5. Open vCenter and you should be able to get to your console.

edgar_salas

it works for me

mspencerinx

I had the exact same issue with VSC 4.1 (vSphere 5.1) after I already configured and completed a successful test backup.

I stopped the services as described (Netapp SnapManager for Virtual Infrastructure and Virtual Storage Console for Vmware vSphere Server) and deleted the crash folder from C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\smvi\server\ and restarted the services.

Once I restarted.... the Backup and Recovery tab worked fine and showed my previous backup job properties.

Thanks!

Mark

mustafa_sari

HTTP ERROR: 503

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

RequestURI=/smvi/gwtrpc