Subscribe

ESX host disappears from vCenter webclient inventory when VSC 6.1 is installed.

[ Edited ]

We Installed VSC 6.1 on our environment and I’ve noticed that when provisioning a datastore with the VSC or directly from onCommand, it gets created and mounted but its information is not available on the VSC plugin until we restart the VSC service.
Also we are tracking an issue that seemed to have pop up when we installed the VSC plug in, where the host does not show up in the vCenter inventory but it only affects the web client, If we use the vSphere C# client we can see the host in the inventory. If we disable and unregister the VSC extension and restart the web client service the host shows up in the inventory of the web client again.

We are using vSphere 6 Multi-vCenter using separate Platfom Service Controllers.

Any one else seen these problems?

Re: ESX host disappears from vCenter webclient inventory when VSC 6.1 is installed.

Do you have the plugin installed on the vcenter server?  Set the startup for virtual storage console service to delayed, then reboot.

That seems to help me.

Re: ESX host disappears from vCenter webclient inventory when VSC 6.1 is installed.

Yes, we are running the VSC on the same vCenter Server. Will give yor suggestion a try.

Thanks

I've not experienced these issues.  What time delay did you enter for the VSC service?

Have you opened a support case?

I have not opened a support case but I have been able to reproduce this issue on more than one environment now.

Hello ricke,

did you solved this problem? We are facing also this problem. Hosts sometimes disappear when VSC is installed.

VSC 6.1; vCenterServer 6.0 U1

Regards

Any additional information you can share?  New install, upgrade (VSC and VC)?  What user does this issue appear to affect?  What other inventory items disappear?

Hello,

yes...

- Complete new installation on VM > Win2012 R2; vCenterServer 6.0 Update1; VSC6.0 (on same server).

- Different hosts/cluster with ESX5.1 U3 / ESX6.0 U1; every hosts in the same cluster

- All users using the webclient. In vSphereClient everthing okay.

- host is available via search, but can't be displayed

- all other features are available.

Regards

Hi, did you ever get a fix as we are expriencing the same issue. new install vsphere 6u1 esx host 6u1 VSC 6.1 running on windows 2012r2.

Webclient Host and clusters the host disappers. 

Hello everyone,

same problem here! Any clues on how to fix it?

Thank you

Francesco