VMware Solutions Discussions

FAS270 ERROR

cbrcowboyva

My fas270 when started up shows a shelf ID of 1, but after a few hours it starts flashing 5. I can not find any information on what this code could be.

5 REPLIES 5

georgevj

Hi Lee,

From your post, its not clear whether you are using standalone a FAS270 or if there is an additional shelf connected to it. Could you  check the following things and get back to us?

version of Data ONTAP

output of "storage show disk" command

if any additional shelves are connected, details.

What is the status of the shelf ID selector switch and the termination switch?

(You may find them at the rear side of FAS270, as displayed in the attached picture)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

cbrcowboyva

version of Data ONTAP: 7.3.2

output of "storage show disk" command: can not attach any outputs from this system due to security. All disk show shelf ID 1 with model X292_S15K7 and REV NA00

if any additional shelves are connected, details.: Stand alone shelf

What is the status of the shelf ID selector switch and the termination switch? Shelf selector is in 1 and term is on

Lee P. Alexander

Sr. Systems Engineer

Engility Corp.

lee.alexander@engilitycorp.com

timothyn

Hi Lee,

Just as an FYI, this subspace is specifically for the System Setup GUI setup utility, so your post might not get viewed by many people who can answer your questions.  You might try the Data ONTAP space: https://communities.netapp.com/community/products_and_solutions/data_ontap

Cheers!

Eric

georgevj

Hi Lee,

As eric mentioned, it is always good to post the questions in the appropriate space.

However, your hardware setup as you described, looks fine. And, since all disks are showing shelf ID 1, I suppose the system would be working fine without any issues. Then, there may be other  reasons for the blinking display.

1.     could be a hardware problem with the front panel display

2.     the connecting circutry may have some issues

3.     the ID selector switch has some issues

4.     some other issue which I am not aware of .. 😞

Please go through the following KB articles, and if necessary, contact NetApp technical support and open a case.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3012307

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&actp=LIST&id=2014126

-George

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

cbrcowboyva

Thank you for the help. We will be checking the KB and if we figure out the cause/fix I will post it.

Lee P. Alexander

Senior Systems Engineer

Office: 757-321-8587

Cell: 757-409-4511

lee.alexander@engilitycorp.com<mailto:lee.alexander@engilitycorp.com>

Public