Subscribe

Re: FAS270c direct attach to ESX 3.5 question.

I think it might be a HBA issue .... I will change the HBAs today and see if that helps. Thanks for your help.

I believe you'll be wasting your time with the HBA. Most likely not the issue. You will need to use the /sbin/partedUtil command for the partitioning.

partedUtil set <device> "partNum startSector endSector type attr"

If you have a partition alignment of 128, you calculate endSector = <Value of stored blocks> + 127

endSector = 4294961557 + 127 = 4294961684.

Type = 251 is a decimal representation of 'fb' partition id.

So therefore the command to set the partition table right was:

#partedUtil set <device> "1 128 4294961684 251 0"

Thanks but I have already tried it out. I started with fdisk and then after searching web I came across partedUtil. But it will only create a partition not the filesystem. My problem starts when I try to create a filesystem. And then the path to the disk mysteriously dies/lost.

But the other host connected to the other controller doesn't has no problem at all.

Configure iSCSI map the LUN to the ESX and retry. If you have the same issue there, then you know this is not FC HBA or protocol specific.

This is fixed now. It was a bad fc cable that was causing it. I never thought this could have been a issue but turns out swapping the fc cable for a new one fixes the 'problem'.

Thank-you madden & triantos for replying to my question.

-Raghav