VMware Solutions Discussions

Multiple Virtual Storage Consoles VMware

oweinmann

Hi,

is it possible to have multiple (at least 2) VSC installed and registered to individual Vcenters? We have a corporate infrastructure and a seperate VDI infrastructure. I have VSC installed on a physical machine where Vcenter is installed and I can register it just fine. I did another install on a virtual machine and VSC doesn't even start and just gives the following error in Eventlog:

239581510 [timerFactory] WARN com.netapp.common.credentials.FileCredentialPersistenceManager - CPM-00305: Persistence file ../../etc/vsphere-credentials does not exist.

Best Regards,

Oliver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

oweinmann

Hi folks,

thanks for all your input. I have solved this by first installing VSC 4.2.1 and then upgrade to 5.0. This worked fine. So it seems to be really possible to have multiple VSC installs and Vcenters.

Best Regards,

Oliver

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

radek_kubka

I don't believe that is doable.

jcbettinelli

Hello,

Do you have two vCenter ?

If you have two separate vCenter, and two separate VSC, I don't see any reason why you couldn't use two instances of VSC.

VSC just run API commands on the storage, so in my understanding, that is almost like running 2 System Manager from different computers, which works well.

Did you get any error message during the install of VSC?

oweinmann

Hi,

the only error I get during install is at the end. It just says that it can't start the VSC service. Looking at the eventlog I saw the error in my post above.

Best Regards,

Oliver

jcbettinelli

Hello,

I would try an uninstall and then a re-install.

And open a case at Netapp if that doesn't work the second time.

Regards,

JC

oweinmann

Hi folks,

thanks for all your input. I have solved this by first installing VSC 4.2.1 and then upgrade to 5.0. This worked fine. So it seems to be really possible to have multiple VSC installs and Vcenters.

Best Regards,

Oliver

Public