VMware Solutions Discussions

Problems with VSC 6 with Data Ontap 8.1.4.P7

sanadmin_do

Our VMWare administrators are using the VSC plugin 6. About this plugin they also want to delete LUN's. By some LUN's they get the following error message:

faultCode : Server.Processing

faultString:'java.lang.RuntimeExeption : Current vCenter Server context is unknown'

faultDetail:'null'

In the log of the affected NetApp no error message is present. Does anyone have an idea why the error occur?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanadmin_do

Using the NetApp support we were able to solve the problem: VSC completely de-installed, deleted under Program Files, the corresponding folder manually and VSC reinstalled.

When upgrading from VSC 5 after 6 probably an error has occurred, therefore the complete installation.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

wesprather

I'm seeing this on 8.1.4P8, as well.  Still looking...

sanadmin_do

I have a case opened at NetApp. Let's see what NetApp says.

Caludio

Hi!,

Do you have any news? I'm having the same issue with VMWare 6 and DOT 8.1.4P8...

florianmoje

same probleme here, any news?

Caludio

We have the issue in any interaction with VSC.

After a reboot of the vCenter Server (where the VSC was installed), we reconfigure storages in VSC and the problem was solved.

sanadmin_do

@Caludio: Thanks for your information. We will try it.

We are in contact with the NetApp Support. When we have a solution, we will announce it here.

Norm

Do you happen to have an update on this issue?

florianmoje

...any solution? We are still facing this issue 😞

sanadmin_do

Using the NetApp support we were able to solve the problem: VSC completely de-installed, deleted under Program Files, the corresponding folder manually and VSC reinstalled.

When upgrading from VSC 5 after 6 probably an error has occurred, therefore the complete installation.

Public