VMware Solutions Discussions

Question about VSC FlexClone licensing in DOT 8.1

RAFAEL_GUEDES

Hi,

I have a question related to FlexClone licensing for Backup and Recovery feature when using DOT 8.1. The documentation says it is not necessary anymore.

I would like to know what changed?? Because in DOT 8.0 it was necessary when we need to temporary mount a backup, so the filer makes a FlexClone of that datastore and makes it available with another name... In DOT 8.1 how does it work without FlexClone license?

Thanks for help and sorry if I'm making confusion about this topic!

4 REPLIES 4

glowe

Data ONTAP 8.1.x added a new API that in effect is "flexclone lite" that only allows the clone operations to be generated by applications such as the VSC.  It does not entitle the customer to have full blown access to FlexClone functionality.

RAFAEL_GUEDES

Could you provide a list of these applications that can benefit from this new DOT feature? Thanks for help!

glowe

I am not aware of any other applications that leverage this other than VSC at this time.  That is really what it was specifically designed for.

VIJAYPOTHIREDDY

i would like to know more information about this API can you please give me a contact point for the same?

Public