VMware Solutions Discussions

SMVI 2.0 SFR Session on Cisco Nexus 1000V

matzkaartur

Hey

Im not able to see any port groups (port-profiles) from Cisco Nexus 1000V in SMVI 2.0 thus Im not able to build any Single File Restore Sessions between virtual machines connected to Nexus1KV.

Is it not supported yet - that would be really sad considering big cooperation between Cisco and NetApp?

Any timeline for support?

Maybe one of u Guys have any workaround?

Any help would be appreciated

Best Regards

Artur

5 REPLIES 5

amritad

Hi

Are you not able to see port groups in the set-up tab? Also is SFR session creation failing? Waht is the error message you are seeing?

REgards

Amrita

matzkaartur

Yes exactly ... I cannot see Nexus Port Groups on Set-Up tab. I can only see normal vswitch port groups.

Session creation process goes without error when i create sessions between VMs that are connected to normal vswitches.

I cannot create session between VMs connected to Nexus1KV because those VMs are not even listed (only VMs connected to normal vswitches are visible).

Artur

amritad

Hi

Are you having distributed vSwitches by any chance?

A VM that has a network assigned on a distributed vSwitch cannot be selected from the SFR wizard; then you

would have to manually enter the VM name while creating the SFR session.

Regards

Amrita

matzkaartur

Thanks for the tip Armita! As Cisco Nexus 1000V is a 3rd party distributed switch your advice worked like charm - entering machine name manually did the trick and session creation completed without errors.  Thanks again  Best regards  Artur

amritad

Good to know

Regards

Amrita

Public