Subscribe

SRA 3.0 install error

Hi,

Install of Netapp SRA 3.0 fails with a warning that part of the install did not return an expexted result. The windows event log show the following error:

Product: NetApp Storage Replication Adapter 3.0 -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action PerlFile, location: E:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\external\perl\bin\perl.exe, command: "E:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\storage\sra\CMODE_ONTAP\command.pl" -I vpserver *************

I have omited the password with *********

The SRA is not available at this point. Has anyone had this issue? Any idea of a fix?

Thanks

Re: SRA 3.0 install error

Had same Problem and fixed it by starting the installpackage from an elevated command prompt.

Thanks that got passed that issue. I know get the following in vCenter.

Failed to load SRA from 'E:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\storage\sra\CMODE_ONTAP'.

Cause:
SRA command 'queryInfo' failed.

Cause:
Internal error: proxy: transport protocol not specified

Any ideas welcome?

Thanks

Cliff

Yes you are right... have the same issue. I will open a Case and let you know...

BR Peter

Got a call from Netapp and they informed me that SRA 3.0 is not supported in my configuration CDOT 8.3.2 and so they couldn't help me. I recommend you to open a case.

BR Peter

I have also opened up a case with NetApp and they routed the case to the Virtualization department to start to help with the testing. Its weird since On my production site I am able to see the SRA installed which is Server 2008 R2 but my DR site it us unable to detect it and that is running server 2012 R2. Maybe that has something to do with it?

For me it worked not on Prod or DR Side. Both Sides are W2k12R2, so thats a possible reason. I am looking forward to hear about they get it fixed for you.

Has anyone else gotten something from NetApp support on this?  I am facing the same issue.

I ran into the same issue, I opened a ticket but by the time anyone got back to me I fixed this issue myself.  Whomever writes thier code does a horrible job of creating items.  If you're still intrested in the solution feel free to send me an email dror at dror dot us. 

Same error here. 

Windows 2012 R2.