VMware Solutions Discussions

Unattended Install of Snapdrive on Windows 2008 R2 SP1

BENJAMINOTT

Hi,

i am trying to make a unattended installation of snapdrive on a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Server.

I found in the Snapdrive 6.2 Installation and Administration Guide some information to this topic.

I am using the Command wich i have placed in the batch install.bat

SnapDrive6.3P2_x64.exe /s /v "/qn SILENT_MODE=1 /Li SDInstall.log INSTALLDIR= \"c:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapDrive\" SVCUSERNAME=hostname\snapdrive SVCUSERPASSWORD=mypassword SVCCONFIRMUSERPASSWORD=mypassword SDW_WEBSRV_TCP_PORT=808 SDW_WEBSRV_HTTP_PORT=4098 TRANSPORT_PRT_SELECTION=2 TRANSPORT_PRT_PORT=80 TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_USERNAME=hostname\snapdrive TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_PASSWORD=mypassword”

when i run the Batch the installation of Snapdrive will open but it stopes at the dialog "Welcome to the Snapdirve Installation" an is waiting for me to click "Next"

I am trying to install the Version SnapDrive6.3P2_x64

I am loggend in as local Administrator

The Server is part of a Domain

it doesnt matter if I run the Batch as Administrator, this doesent change the result

Is there a diffent aproach with the Version 6.3? Any ideas would be great.

Thanks Ben.

9 REPLIES 9

AWOROCH2012

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm trying to do much the same thing, as our Dev/Test/Prod domains all use the filer and vCenter in the Prod domain, so I need to jump through hoops to set up the accounts.  If I could script it and make 3 packages, so much the better!

crazylearn

did you get the answer for the above question ,because i got the same issue trying to find the answer ..please let me know if you guys resolved it....:)

AWOROCH2012

"\\<server>\software\netapp\SnapDrive\6.4.1\SnapDrive6.4.1_x64.exe" /s /v"/qn SILENT_MODE=1 /Li C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SDInstall.log INSTALLDIR=\"c:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapDrive\" SVCUSERNAME=<domain>\svcsnapdrive SVCUSERPASSWORD=<password> SVCCONFIRMUSERPASSWORD=<passsword> IGNORE_COMPMGMT_RUNNING=1 SDW_WEBSRV_TCP_PORT=808 SDW_WEBSRV_HTTP_PORT=4094 SDW_WEBSRV_HTTPS_PORT=4095 TRANSPORT_SETTING_ENABLE=1 TRANSPORT_PRT_SELECTION=3 TRANSPORT_PRT_PORT=443 TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_USERNAME=<localnetappaccount>svcextsnapdrive TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_PASSWORD=<password> SDW_ESXSVR_ENABLE=1 ESXIPADDRESS=<VC_FQDN> ESXUSERNAME=<DOMAIN>\svcvmware ESXUSERPASSWORD=<password> ESXCONFIRMUSERPASSWORD=<password> SDW_SMVISVR_ENABLE=1 SMVIIPADDRESS=<VSConVC_FQDN> SMVIPORT=8043"

The HTTPS transport could easily be RPC and not need the password.  I used it this way because we have Prod/Dev/Test without trusts, so this worked easier for us.  VSC is on the same host as VC for us.  But that's what I'm using in my silent installations......

crazylearn

Thanks for the reply

i used the commad line in the below but my installation is stopping in the

middle ....

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Avram Woroch <

crazylearn

what is SVCUSERNAME?

venkat3

Hi Learn s

>what is SVCUSERNAME?

Copying from Install and Admin Guide IAG. (page 159)

IAG link -- https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMP1140245

SVCUSERNAME=DOMAIN\username Specifies the domain and user name that SnapDrive uses during the unattended installation

Hope this helps

There are few examples in IAG document (pg 164 to pg 165).You may consider looking at those

-srinivas

crazylearn

Thanks for the reply ...

i have ther server name given where should i include in the command line

and also when i am trying to run the bat file its not runing silienlty,

some times i see it will open the Exe and wait the box for user interaction

to enter next

can you also please paste the exact command line you used here so i can

compare mine...

Thanks in advance

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM, venkat3 <

venkat3

Hi Learn S,

please see the below works

snapdrive6.4.exe /s /v"/qn SILENT_MODE=1 SERVER_CORE_SYSTEM=1 /Li

SDInstall.log LPSM_SERIALNUMBER=serialnumber INSTALLDIR=\"c:\Program

Files\NetApp\SnapDrive\" SVCUSERNAME=domain\username

SVCUSERPASSWORD=password SVCCONFIRMUSERPASSWORD=password"

SDW_WEBSRV_TCP_PORT=808 SDW_WEBSRV_HTTP_PORT=4098 ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL=1

TRANSPORT_PRT_SELECTION=2 TRANSPORT_PRT_PORT=80

TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_USERNAME=username

TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL_LOGON_PASSWORD=password"

-Srinivas

crazylearn

Thanks for the reply....i tried to use the below command line and tried to

run from CMD ..i am getting the following message..................

failed to open snapdrive service configuration file .

can you please let me know how to resolve the error ...

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM, venkat3 <

Public