Subscribe

Re: VIBE can not connect to filer

Hi Rob,

sorry, no difference: wether using --config.cfg or directly from the cmd-prompt, the result is the same: no connection, no rsh communication.

Meanwhile we reconfigured the VCenter server with a second connection to the server VLAN, so we can connect directly via IP 192.168.8.x - but still getting no connection.

THX anyway.

Markus

Hi, all. I spoke with Markus and it looks like 1.0.7 does the trick for his RSH testing. 1.0.8 should be on the NOW ToolChest shortly (they are doing some maintenance work which has caused some delays).

Yes, it really solved my problems.

Markus

1.0.8 is available on the NOW ToolChest for download. Thanks,

--Matt

Hi - We are experiencing the same issue. We are using 1.0.8 and backups via rsh is working fine. However, we can not do restores using ZAPI. ZAPI wasn't working either for backups.

We added a second NIC to VC like Mark did and still having issues with Error Code 11; however, we know the sauser and sapassword is correct because we are using it for backups.

Any chance we can use rsh for restores?

I upgraded to version 1.0.10 and I am still having issues with restore via ZAPI. I am getting the following error:

[14:35:00] Virtual Center login successful.
[14:35:00] Attempting to ping storage appliance 192.168.152.10 ...
[14:35:00] Ping of storage appliance 192.168.152.10 successful.
[14:35:00] Testing login to storage appliance 192.168.152.10 ...
[14:35:01] ERROR: ZAPI connection to 192.168.152.10 failed: in Zapi::invoke, cannot connect to socket
Exiting with return code: 11

Fixed ZAPI issue by enabling options httpd.admin.enable on netapp

I think we've answered the 'httpd.admin.enable' to 'on' option, but in terms of RSH for restores, we felt that restores would be an uncommon, unscheduled event, and as a result we focused on the ZAPI functionality instead. 1.0.10 now offers the ability to see why the failure occurred which should be sufficient for most to figure out to turn that on.

Thanks,

--Matt

Thanks Matt... The error reporting for 1.0.10is definitely better and now that we know what the issue with ZAPI was, we are revertng to ZAPI for backups as well. The cryptpasswd feature you added is reason enough for us to switch to ZAPI.