VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 2.0.1 Provisioning and Cloning is Broken

hollandwl

Upgraded from VSC 2.0 to VSC 2.0.1 and now the Provisioning and Cloning does not work.  Snapdrive 6.3 works with NFS like it is supposed to, but that is minor when the entire RCU is broken.  When I try to provision a data store or create rapid clones I get:

Line: 51579

Char: 11

Error: 'com_netapp_kamino_data_Filer_vfilers' is nulll or not an object

Code: 0

URL: https://vcenterip:port/kamino/rcu/54271812634E3F25CB16A521C7023221.cache.html

I opened case # 2001796335 yesterday as a P2, but haven't gotten anything back other than the case creation confirmation.  I've uninstalled and re-isntalled v2.0.  Be sure to save your SMVI repository files if you had any backups configured that you may want to access.

Anyone else seen this and been able to work around it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

costea

Unfortunately, this is a bug due to a missing multistore license.  You will need to install a temporary license to get around the issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

costea

Unfortunately, this is a bug due to a missing multistore license.  You will need to install a temporary license to get around the issue.

hollandwl

From where does one obtain this temporary license?

amritad

You can get it from here

http://now.netapp.com/eservice/evallicense

(The path is Homeà Downloads à Product evaluation)

Search for multistore and request the license.

Regards

Amrita

hollandwl

Sorry, say I'm not authorized access

amritad

Do you have a now.netapp.com access account? In case you have an account it should work.

Regards

Amrita

hollandwl

Our TGA is going to generate some temporary multistore license keys for us.  I 'borrowed' one from another installation to test this and it worked.  NetApp is going to have to be more careful letting this stuff out the door.  With 2.0 people without NFS licenses couldn't use the product, now with 2.0.1, people without multistore licenses can't use the product.  In both cases, neither license was actually required.  They were only required if you wished to take advantage of those specific subset of features.

costea

There is another workaround for this issue.  It's essentially caused because of the new Provisioning & Cloning feature added in this release that allows you to provision NFS datastores to vFilers through the physical filer.  If you delete the filers.ser file found in <Install Directory>/etc/kamino and re-add the storage controllers, you should be able to proceed without having to install a multistore license.

hollandwl

This did not work.  When trying to re-add the controller, it said it was "connecting to storage controller" then after awhile Internet Explorer gave a message that a script was causing Internet Explorer to run slow and offered to stop the script.  I chose No but after about half a minute the warning re-appeared.  This time I chose yes.

Public