VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 4.2.1 and Clustered Data OnTap SnapMirror

SYNTAXERROR

Hi all

I've installed a cDOT system on a customer site. They're using vSphere 5.0U1 at the moment so I need to install VSC 4.2.1 and cannot use VSC 5.0.

Is there a possiblity to use SnapVault (aka SnapMirror XDP) for cDOT with VSC 4.2.1 or do I have to upgrade to VSC 5.0?

I think there are no SnapMirror-labels with VSC 4.2.1 or are there?

Kind regards

Dario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SYNTAXERROR

Now I've made a script for it because I had the problem with a big customer with SnapMirror XDP and a SnapMirror DP cascade.

The installation and what it covers is described in the documentation.

Try it and let me know if it needs any enhancements or there are any bugs.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

AJHunt

Hi Syntax,

Both datastores have the same setup. I created different cmd, ps1 and conf file for each of them since I have to specify the conf files in each of ps1 scripts.

If it is working with the first datastore, maybe the problem is with the 2nd datastore vault volume. I have checked the snapmirror relationship, config of vault volume, they are fine.

I checked the permisions for security login role, for our working datastore, one cmddirname has a label "snapshot" while for our 2nd datastore the label is "volume snapshot". Does this affect the 2nd datastore? Could this be the reason why it is not copying the snapshot to the vault volume? Although according to your document, it should be "volume snapshot".

Thanks,

AJ

Public