VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 5.0: No linked mode support?

MURRAYCH1

Upon my first run of a VSC 5.0 install (upgraded from 4.2.1) in the web client, my screen stays grey with this message at the top:

"This web client is connected to more than one vCenter server.  Virtual Storage Console does not support this configuration"

I have two vCenter servers running in linked mode.  Am I dead in the water here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MURRAYCH1

I've turned off linked mode on my setup this morning (I'm sure some of the admins are going to yell ).  Upgraded my second system and I can see VSC now.

However on the first system, I am still seeing the above error even though linked mode has been disabled.  Restarted services to no avail, thinking I might have to do a reinstall of VSC.

UPDATE:  After a reinstall and a restart of the vSphere Web Client service, it is working (with linked mode disabled).

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

ajam

Has NetApp had any update as to when Linked Mode will be supported with VSC v5.x? Also there was a mention in previous posts about a Beta version of the VSC, could someone provide a link of where the Beta version(s) can be accessed from?

cg01

Waiting for an update as well.  They have VSC 5.0 installed here with linked mode vcenters and we'retrying to get snapmanager working with vmdks.  Amazing that it's been a year without any update.  Netapp probably consider this a non-issue at this point ... ignore and people will forget about it

S00007359

VSC 6.0 has been released for sometime now and should resolve your issues. i had to upgrade to vsc 6.0 to resolve the linkedmode issue as well.

Public