VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 5.1.1 not in release history

fede_melaccio

Hi,

We are about to migrate the storage backend of a VMware installation from a 7-mode ONTAP 7.3.7 to a C-mode 8.3.1 system so I was checking which components would need an upgrade. From the VSC CLI I type smvi version and it returns 5.1.1, but apparently such VSC version does not exist. We inherited this setup from someone else. Am I missing something or looking at the wrong version? Thanks.

Best

Federico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sgrant

Hi Federico,

The SMVI is a component of the VSC so the versions may not align. You should be able to tell the version from the VSC GUI and the Summary screen. However, support for Data ONTAP 8.3 first started in VSC v6.0 (but does not support 7.3.7).

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Grant.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sgrant

Hi Federico,

The SMVI is a component of the VSC so the versions may not align. You should be able to tell the version from the VSC GUI and the Summary screen. However, support for Data ONTAP 8.3 first started in VSC v6.0 (but does not support 7.3.7).

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Grant.

fede_melaccio

Hi Grant,

thanks for your reply. I found the VSC version to be 4.2.1 following this instructions https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/ka31A0000000ypxQAA/how-to-determine-the-current-vsc-version-and-build-number-from-the-vsc-xml-configuration-fi.... Using the IMT I found that VSC 4.2.2 seems to support ONTAP 8.3.2, while 5.0 does not. 6.0 supports it again, as you said. While this seems strange, we will try to update to 4.2.2 and see if functionality is preserved. Thanks again for your help!

All the best

Federico

Public