2015-05-06 01:36 AM
- VSphere 5.5 upd2 (Appliance)
- VSC 5.01p on a Windows 2008 R2
I've tried to install VSC 6.0:
1) Installed it (on a Windows 2012 R2 Host --- not the same host as the current VSC 5.01 Installation is running on)
2) I've removed the Webcenter UI as described in Documenation:
In a virtual appliance console window, use a Secure Shell (SSH) to log into the vCenter Server as root.
Change to the vsphere-client-serenity directory:
Stop the vSphere Web Client:
Service vsphere-client stop
Remove the directories containing the UI extensions:
rm -rf com.netapp*
Restart the vSphere Web Client:
Service vsphere-client star
3) I've registered the new VSC 6.0 to this Vcenter Appliance via https://localhost:8143/Register.html
4) Everything seems to work with VSC 6.0 in the Vsphere Web Gui except when i try to create a backup job there are no Datastore Entities to choose; i can choose the Datacenter but there are no Datastores to choose in the Select Field.
I had to roll back the Vsphere Appliance to the pre-VSC 6.0 install for now and working again with VSC 5.5. I've checked for bugs regarding this but found nothing so far.