VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 7.0 not working in VCSA 6.5

AndreasN

Hi,

because I had problems with VSC Windows Installation discovering the Storage on my VCSA 6.5, I downloaded and installed VSC 7.0 (virtual appliance) yesterday.

Installation worked pretty well, but if I click on the Virtual Storage Console Icon in VCenter Web Client, VSC hangs with message "Loading Storage System Details" - without no other error/warning message.

I read that VSC 7.0 does not support linked mode, the system will then also be stuck at the same loading message, but along with an error message that states that linked configuration is not supported.

I have no linked mode configured, but I do use VCenter HA. Could that be the problem or do you have another idea?

Restarting VCenter and/or VSC did not solve the problem.

VSC 7.0

VCSA 6.5.0.5600 

ONTAP 9.1P5

Regards

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aengel4111

Hello together,

when everything works as expected we see the VSC 7.0P1 by end of this month / starting next month....

Best regards

Andreas

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

Stiegelis

We see the following issues with VCS 7 on VCSA 6.5 and up:

Unable to apply VSC host settings. All ESXi servers report HBA settings unable to be applied: java null error.

VASA 7 provider reports to vsphere client that it can find all SVM but no datastores found.

VSC 7 in vpshere plugin show only the cluster and lifs.

NAS, SAN, SVM, VOL and Aggrs are not shown.

This same behaviour was seen in VSC 6.2.1 with VASA provider 6.2

There was a fix produced and a patch made: VSC 6.2.1 P1D2 (we've used VSC-6.2.1P1D2-win64.exe)

And indeed all these problems were solved:

VSC host settings were successfully applied, VASA 6.2 provider reports all datastores, svm, vol and aggrs

VSC 6.2.1 P1D2 reports all clusters, svm, lifs, NAS, SAN, VOL and aggrs.

So what ever fix was done in 6.2.1P1D2 solved these problems and needs to be applied to VSC 7 since it was confirmed in this topic it was not included.

Dlaumor

Hello,

Personally, I have those issues with VSC 7 on VCSA 6.5 and up:

• Unable to apply VSC host settings
  • Unable to provision a new NFS datastore. I get an error message saying my ESXi is in maintenance mode but it is not

Hope ther will be a quick update to fix those problems

AndreasN

FYI my case status says that engineering is now working on the BURT fix.

Stiegelis

Thank you very much. Any update would be much appreciated.

rlawrenc0122

any updates on this?

XORRSPRIDDLE

My customer is having the exact same issue.

They are only able to see the LIFs, no Hosts, NAS, SAN ot SVMs are listed.

Even though the ESXi hosts have several NFS mounts connected, VSC is detecting no storage.

Please let me know when the fix is released.

Thanks 🙂

VSCA 6.5.0.5973321

VSC 7.0

OnTap 9.2

AndreasN

Just got informed that the upcoming VSC 7.0P1 will fix this problem and should be released in the end of ocober.

Stiegelis

Thank you on the update. Hope NetApp support adds this to the download list in VCS 7 section in stead of digging for that patch 🙂

rlawrenc0122

Any updated release date for 7.0 P1

Ofir

any update on a release date for vsc 7.0P1 ?

aengel4111

Hello together,

when everything works as expected we see the VSC 7.0P1 by end of this month / starting next month....

Best regards

Andreas

Norm

The VSC 7.0P1 release came out today.  I installed it on my vCenter 6.5 setup this afternoon and seems like everything that wasn't working is now working again.  I just thought I'd let everyone know.

Stiegelis

i'm pleased to report you all that here the problems have been resolved as well.

VSC plugin is very fast, way faster than 6.

Everything is reporting the way it supposed to be and Host settings can be applied without errors: everything in green.

Thanks NetApp for resolving the issues.

Norm

I have the same issue so hopefully the patch will be out soon.

AndreasN

The Patch and re-mounting the datastores did the trick for me. Thanks netapp support!

Public