Subscribe
Highlighted

VSC for VCSA 6.5

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

as VMware is pushing more and more VCSA we want to migrate from vCenter 6 running on Windows to the VCSA 6.5

When will VSC be available for VCSA 6.5 (without the need of running it on another Windows machine)?

Thanks!

Re: VSC for VCSA 6.5

There is no definitive date for VSC support with VCSA 6.5 but it will be planned for a future release. However VSC 6.2.x will continue to be on Windows. VSC 7.0 planned for June-2017, aligned with ONTAP 9.2 will be shipped as a vApp.

[ Edited ]

Will there be a version before June that supports vSphere 6.5 in general?

Any update?

Thanks!

I would also like to know, just for our planning purposes on the update to vSphere 6.5

It would be nice to have some feedback about this issue. We have already upgraded to VCSA 6.5 and VSC 6.2.1 but there some VSC funtionalities doesn't work and we are planning to downgrade to VSCA 6.0 and VSC6.1.

Hi,

Lansac wrote:

It would be nice to have some feedback about this issue. We have already upgraded to VCSA 6.5 and VSC 6.2.1 but there some VSC funtionalities doesn't work and we are planning to downgrade to VSCA 6.0 and VSC6.1.

installing VSC 6.2.1 on vSphere 6.5 appeared to work fine at first, backups were created and I could clone VM's. However, after a reboot of the vCenter server all hell broke loose. vCenter refused to start. The webclient crashed upon starting and we were unable to recover from that and had to restore a backup of the vCenter server in order to get access to vCenter again.

Did you already rebooted the vCenter server or restarted the vCenter services and did it kept working?

Frank.

No, we have not rebooted the vCenter after installing VSC 6.2.1, and I will not try it... We found some problems restoring backups and the LogViewer doesn't work well.

Same story here. Any update? Really like the functionality of 6.5, but cannot use for production until VSC is supported.

Thanks!

I too am wanting to upgrade to 6.5 but cannot until there is a workable VSC from NetApp.  I have done searches all over Netapp and the internet and this thread is the only thing I can find.

Thanks for your findings guys.