VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC will only rapid clone one VM

txfichter

I have been using rapid clone to deploy a bunch of VMs for a new project. It has been working fine so far, two clones here three clones there. But now when I try to use it to deploy five clones it wont allow it, in fact if I choose anything more than one clone it gives me a red bar and won't let me continue. All of this happened in the course of a day, no changes have been made to anything. Any help would be appreciated.

VSC Version: 6.1.0.5250

vCenter Version: 5.5.0 3252642

6 REPLIES 6

georgevj

Do you have a screen shot or log file entry to share with the community?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

txfichter

I have attached a screenshot, not much to see. Which log should I be looking in?

asulliva

If you hover over the red box does it give you a reason for not allowing it to continue?

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

mbeattie

Hi,

In the screenshot you are attempting to assign 80GB of RAM to each VM you are cloning (this seems rather excessive).

Given the number of clones you want (5 X 80 = 400GB). Do you have 400GB of RAM available in your vsphere cluster?

Are you able to create more clones if you reduce the amount of RAM you are assigning?

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

txfichter

Yeah, we have enough memory in the cluster to support that. But out of nowhere it is working again. This is not the first time this has happened. Pretty frustrating.

Sreedhara

Hi,

Right now I have the same issue. I am using VSC 4.2.1, rapid clone take sometime 0 or 1 number of clones. Some time it accepts maximum of 7 clones. This behavior is strange. Some time it will not allow cloning 1 clone also...

Any work around...

Thanks in advance

Public