VMware Solutions Discussions

Vcenter/ESX 4 update 2 with SMVI 2.0 and RCU 3.0

daniel_kaiser

I have a vCenter server running SMVI 2.0 and RCU3.0 on the same box.  Are there any compatibility issues or gotchas that I have to be worried about when installing Update 2?

12 REPLIES 12

forgette

RCU 3.0 hasn't been offically tested with Update 2 yet, however it should work.  Feel free to tack any issues you find w/ RCU and Update 2 onto this thread and we'll take a look.

Cheers

daniel_kaiser

Eric, how about SMVI 2.0

amritad

SMVI 2.0 has not been officially tested for update 2.

Regards

Amrita

daniel_kaiser

From what i've found out, the current versions of SMVI, RCU, VSC aren't compatible with Update 2.  Netapp will be releasing newer versions sometime in the next month or two which should be compatible, SMVI 3, RCU 3.5, VSC 2.

amritad

Yes that is correct. It is the Virtual storage console 2.0 release.

Regards

Amrita

acistmedical

Will SMVI 3, RCU 3.5, VSC 2 be compatibile wilt ESXi 4.1 too or only 4.0U2?

russellb23

As vSphere 4.1 has just been released, does anybody know when a newer version of SMVI (SMVI 3.0 perhaps) will be released that supports it?

f_duranti

It seems that VSC 2.0 including new VSC, new RCU, new SMVI should be out on 19th of this month

Source: http://blogs.netapp.com/virtualstorageguy/2010/07/netapp-vsc-20-vcenter-plug-in-announced.html#more

darren_hedges

I hope so as at present I have a system which is not reliably doing smvi backups and the vsc and rcu just don't work for me.

acistmedical

Looks like july 19th didn't work out

darren_hedges

Unfortunately no.  It's now meant to be today which I really hope it is as I really need to use it's features.

michaelhudak

this may help

SnapManager 2.0 for Virtual Infrastructure Best

Practices

https://fieldportal.netapp.com/viewcontent.asp?qv=1&docid=25339

Public