VMware Solutions Discussions

not a VMware boot bank ERROR

knorman

I’m working a new FlexPod deployment where were are booting to LUNs via iSCSI.  The ESXi install (tryied both 5.5U3 and 6.0U2) seems to complete successfully.  After the reboot to complete the install I’m receiving the error below.

BANK5: not a VMware boot bank

BANK6: not a VMware boot bank

No hypervisor found.

I’ve checked, double and triple check the FlexPod Datacenter with VMware vSphere 6.0 guide dated November 2015 to ensure I didn’t miss anything.  From what I can tell I haven’t.  Has anyone seen this or know of a good fix for it.  VMware gives this Kb https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2012022, however to be honest I don’t know I completely understand the fix they list using “parted” in a Linux live CD.

This seems to be an issue caused by the iSCSI boot as I’ve never had issues booting via FCoE in a FlexPod.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sahana

Hi,

Please refer KB 2020945 iSCSI boot fails in Flexpod. (requires login)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sahana

Hi,

Please refer KB 2020945 iSCSI boot fails in Flexpod. (requires login)

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

knorman
It was an MTU size issue. Once I got the customer to configure the VLAN and Port-Channel at JUMBO everything started working correctly.
Public