Community

Subscribe
Highlighted

sis status - searched amount more than vol size

I was noticing something today when running a dedupe job on one of our volumes and it was that the Progress column showed "xxxxGB Searched" where the size of the amount searched far exceeded the size of the volume. The volume is about 2.5TB but the search value got all the way up over 6000GB. I've included a screen cap to show. I'm just wondering if anyone can explain why this is?

Re: sis status - searched amount more than vol size

I am having the exact same issue.  It is causing my dedupe jobs to run during the day instead of finishing overnight.  Did you get this resolved?

I'm probably going to open a case up with support tomorrow and see if they have any idea why it's doing this. We recently upgraded from 8.0.2 to 8.1.2 and I know there were some pretty big changes made in the dedupe processing so I'm wondering if something changed somewhere. I'll update when I hear something back.

Can you include a df and df -s for the volume?

We have the same problem, did you solved this?

I am seeing the same thing when running a dedupe on a volume.  Did anyone from NetApp answer your question?

Sorry for abandoning this for so long and not updating our experiences...

Supposedly there is a internal bug for this issue. The only thing Support has recommended doing was to run a "sis start -s" command on the volume so that rescans and re-initializing all of the thumbprint information. We've done that a few times to some of the volumes experiencing this problem and it's provided a temporary reprieve for at least a while. One of the volumes is now experiencing ridiculously long dedupe times and we aren't sure why. All of these problems have surfaced after we upgraded from 8.0.x to 8.1.x.

Thanks for the quick response. I’m seeing similar symptoms. I started out trying to fix a “sis.changelog.full:warning” and that has led me here.

PT

This is good info.  I'm having similar issues.  Did you happen to get a bug number for this issue?

Has anyone seen this, or heard that it still exists in 8.1.3?  Is there a bug number that we can reference with support as we work our issue that seems similar?